Friday, December 3, 2021

blog #6 what I learned EOTO1

Motion pictures

(what I learned ) 



Based on our EOTO technology presentations, the most interesting technology that really stood out to me was motion pictures. When I watched the presentation, there were several interesting facts about motion pictures that I found very intriguing. What makes motion pictures so important is when motion pictures were invented, audiences loved the way motion pictures told stories. According to this presentation, I learned that the first motion picture was taken in 1826. I also learned that the quick spread of movies  allowed motion pictures to become one of the most accessible and beloved forms of entertainment in the world. It seems as though motion pictures document all historical events,  and capture visual meaning.


What also makes motion pictures so fascinating, is that filmmakers around the world started experimenting with new technologies, and also the Lumiere brothers created the first film, motion pictures also allowed technology to advance overtime. There are some negative things that I learned about motion pictures. I learned that  filmmakers oftentimes have to rely on blockbuster films and also the majority of films are produced by a powerful corporation. Filmmakers have relied on streaming services in hopes to get their films made . I also learned that there is a great deal of censorship when it comes to motion pictures. Some positive things that I learned about motion pictures are,  Some of the best films come from overseas, which further explains why movies make more profit abroad and also releasing films abroad first also ensures that film studios won’t have to worry about English privacy, and this allows them to make more money in the Box Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog post 11 in the Age of AI

          Towards the end of the semester, we watched a video about AI. In this documentary the video talked about the development of AI (a...